W. Adam Dornbush (B), CCIM – President
- Born and raised in Honolulu, Adam graduated from Punahou School before moving to Los Angeles where he earned a degree in Real Estate Finance and Development from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. While going to school in Los Angeles, Adam worked for three years as a project analyst with Community Builders Group, a multifamily real estate development company based in Pasadena, CA.
- In 2005, Adam joined Johnson Capital, a commercial real estate investment banking firm in their corporate headquarters office in Irvine, CA. As a Real Estate Analyst and Associate, Adam provided investment analysis on a variety of commercial real estate property types. Adam was responsible for underwriting debt and equity transactions, writing investment memorandums, lender negotiations and assisting with loan closing. In three years with the company, Adam’s team provided approximately $200 million of financing for various property types across the country.
- In 2008, Adam moved back to Honolulu to join Dornbush & Co., Ltd. to utilize his real estate finance and investment background in the company’s brokerage and consulting assignments. Dornbush & Co., Ltd. has established a track record as the leading broker for golf course sales in Hawaii.
- In 2017, Adam became President of Dornbush & Co., Ltd. Adam continues to provide owners and investors with expertise on golf course, resort hotel and land brokerage transactions throughout the State of Hawaii. He also assists select clients with their commercial and retail investment sales / leasing needs.
- Since 2008, Adam has been involved in the sale or lease of over $350 Million worth of real estate in the State of Hawaii.
- Adam is a licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Hawaii (since 2015), a CCIM designee (since 2016) as well as a board member for the CCIM Hawaii Chapter (since 2021). Adam serves on the board of the Augustine Educational Foundation as Finance Chair (since 2014), providing tuition assistance for students to attend Hawaii Catholic Schools. Adam is a member of the finance committee for Hawaii State Junior Golf Association / The First Tee of Hawaii (since 2022). Adam is also an associate member of the National Golf Foundation and maintains a low single digit handicap.
William J. Dornbush (B), CRE, MAI – Founder
- With over 40 years of commercial real estate experience in Hawaii, Bill has a wide range of experience in Brokerage, Consulting, Appraisal, and Development. During the 1970s and 1980s Bill was co-founder/owner of Cowell & Co., Inc., a major real estate consulting and appraisal firm based in Hawaii. During this time, Bill was involved in assignments at various resorts throughout the state including, Mauna Kea Resort on the Big Island of Hawaii, Kaanapali Resort on the Island of Maui, and West Beach Resort now known as Ko Olina Resort located on the Island of Oahu. In addition to the previously mentioned resort projects, Bill also performed extensive resort development consulting services for various projects at Wailea Resort, Kapalua Resort, and Mauna Lani Resort.
- In 1988-1992 Bill was involved as co-developer/partner in the development of the Ewa Beach International Golf Course located on the Island of Oahu. The ownership group sold over 800 International and Local memberships and was one of the few successful golf course developments of its time.
- In 1990, Bill joined Mike McCormack as Senior Vice President to serve as the head of commercial real estate acquisitions and development for McCormack Properties. While with McCormack Properties, Bill served as Vice President and owner’s representative in the $100 Million acquisition and timeshare conversion of the Embassy Suites Resort at Kaanapali Beach.
- In 1994, Dornbush & Co., Ltd. was founded to provide consulting and brokerage services to commercial real estate landowners and investors. Since that time, Bill has provided his services for numerous clients with respect to; brokerage, consulting, development and leasing.
- Bill is a graduate of the University of Illinois and has volunteered or served on the board of many charitable associations and foundations including; Maui Arts and Cultural Center and Augustine Foundation. Bill has been a licensed Real Estate Broker in Hawaii since 1977 and a Counselor of Real Estate since 1986.